Friday, 23 September 2011

Fri 23/09/2011 - 22:06, sat on my bed.

Got lazy with blogging even though I thought about it every few days. Back with a vengeance, and my new Zaggora HotPants, to help me feel good again. Took measurements a few days ago and was weighed about a week ago, though I have very little idea where any of those figures are at the moment. I will share once I find them, and I hope anyone reading who is considering investing in a pair of HotPants finds this useful. Part of the reason for sharing my experiences on here is that I found very little opinions from other people that had any real substance - most just seemed wowed over by the fact that their legs went soft. 


So, Day 1, and I've had them on for about 9 hours, since I signed for the parcel this afternoon. My first thought when I saw the package was 'About freaking time'. I paid for them on 3rd Sept, received my dispatch email on 19th Sept, and got my parcel on 23rd Sept. A bit too much of a wait for a £4.99 delivery charge, methinks?


My second thought was 'Thanks for following the special delivery instructions like I asked, and sending my HotPants in an unmarked parcel... NOT'. It's grey and white and yellow and has HOT PANTS written on it in huge print. Shameless self-marketing strategy, nicely done, but I'm not one for my whole street knowing what I've ordered (and I'm lucky enough to live right opposite a nosy old lady who happened to be conveniently standing outside as I went to receive the parcel), plus I was a little bit extra irritated when I opened the packaging and realised all they had to do was turn the bag inside out, and it would have been plain. Maybe I'm being too fussy - I will never admit that again. 


Third thought, 'This feels a little bit too light for two pairs'. I was right. I only got sent one, despite ordering two. Have taken it up with their customer services department, which by the way is only contact-able via email, and they take frustratingly long to reply. When you do receive a reply, half your questions have been ignored and in the case of my last email from them, half their keyboard buttons don't work. I know they're probably getting a thousand emails a day from crazy impatient women like myself but customer service is bloody important and we all want to feel special, tended to, loved and wanted! Not on the end of a production line, and a very impersonal one at that.


Fourth thought, 'Seriously, these are the famous HotPants?'.


Fifth thought, 'Sweats off, let's slide into these bad ass bitches and see what happens next'.


Sixth thought, 'Swoosh. Swoosh. Swoosh. Swoosh. Swoosh. Swoosh. OK, let's get the sweats back on on top. Swoosh. Swoosh. Swoosh. Swoosh. Swoosh. Swoosh. OK, it's like half one in the afternoon anyway, maybe it's time to change into my jeans?'. However, two minutes later, 'Swoosh. Swoosh. Swoosh' - I am seriously very swooshy! 


Plus points (so far)-
They're comfortable, they don't hurt, they cover my tummy,, they look funny, they smell a bit funny, they don't pull on my hairs and make them bend in silly directions. I worked out for about eleven minutes (had a random burst of energy, ran for three minutes, walked for three, ran for three, clutched my stomach and straggled for another two, then gave up) and I just felt a bit warm, didn't experience floods of sweat patches like people mention. But then...


Bad points (so far)-
I went to the bathroom, pulled them down and my underwear was so wet it was clinging to me, and my legs felt clammy. It was like the Friends episode where Ross has that date and he wears the leather pants. I wanted to drown myself in creams and powders, but refrained, and it's good I did! Pulled them back up eventually, but then felt extremely cautious about drinking water for the next few hours as I was scared I'd be stuck with clammy legs if I had to go to the toilet again! Plus, they didn't really smooth anything out and my jeans weren't any easier to close over them. 


I took a long walk home from the Post Office later in the afternoon, the swooshing wasn't too bad outside which was nice, and I was comfortable the whole time. Haven't done much else in terms of exercise today, so I will be wearing them to sleep too. If I'd received both pairs, like I'd paid for (yes I'm still going on about that), then I would have washed these and wrapped them in a towel and stuck them on my radiator to dry overnight, while I slept in the second pair. But no such luck, so I'm going to keep these on until some point tomorrow when I'll be HP-less and able to give my dry legs a nice feel to see if the softness everyone raves about is actually just sweat or if they're really miracle pants!


Till tomorrow,


A


x

No comments:

Post a Comment